Sunday, March 15, 2020

Social Distancing

It's me, your neighborly depressed chick!

Today, I'd like to talk to you all about Social Distancing.

No, I'm not talking about caronavirus or COVID-19.

I'm talking about all those relationships that make up our lives. The important people, the unimportant people, the ones we love, the ones we hate.

I've come to the realization that I don't mean shit to many people.  And I don't care for a lot of others either. 

I say this as I realized today, I have not had a conversation with my sisters in years. Not even meaningless inconsequential small talk. 

I talk to my friends and family as much now as I did a year a ago. Moving 1,000 miles away hasn't lessened or increased the frequency of when I talk to my family.  My mother and two of my brothers are the only ones who check in. One brother to share pictures of his baby, and my mother to complain about the sister that has moved home. 

One day, I'd like someone to text me or call me and ask me how I'm doing. Just once. I'd like someone to genuinely have a conversation with me about me and what's going on.

I'm constantly shoved inside of who I am. Who fucking know me?  Can anyone even name my favorite color, or my favorite song?

Can I name anyone in my social circle's favorite color or song?

No.

What's the point?