Saturday, March 9, 2013

Are you ready for the Apocalypse? Or maybe just some cool art?

I have a lot of vintage patterns, and on those patterns are some really cool fashion drawings straight from the 50s. 




I can't really draw, but I can alter stuff! So this is a concept I have of doing on the actual aged vintage irreplaceable patterns. Most of them are missing pieces and I don't want to actually make the dresses of them anyway. I just love the art, and being a Fallout fan, it seemed to pop right into that genre. So, this is my first attempt at some altered artwork, and this is on a copy of the original so I didn't actually mess it up.




Here's another stroke of inspiration I had too.  Many of my patterns don't have all the pieces, They have lovely artwork, so why not frame them?  This is a little boy's shirt pattern behind a fabric covered mat inside a wood frame.  I personally wanted to go with a linen mat and a shabby chic white frame.  I think either way looks fine.  I will defenetly be decorating with these, sometime.  

And the ones I don't like will also be going up in the shop, at some point.