Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Black Kiss-Lock Purse

After completing Monday's KissLock, I felt I could do better.  What makes everything better? Bigger does. So I made a bigger, rounder, puffier clutch.





I received this fabric for Christmas, and really didn't have a plan for it.  Nothing jumped out at me except for the high contrast colors.  I knew I liked that, and I wanted to play off of that as well.  I started embroidering the black parts with red a few weeks ago, before a clutch was even planned.  Embroidery is hard! Not physically or mentally hard, just dull and I really have to force myself to get in a stupor to do it. I finished what I did because I was feeling mopey and thinking hurt my brain.

While I was out shopping, JoAnn's had this sale going on, and those big black kissers where staring at me from the shelf. How could I resist those shiny plastic bulbs?  And thus I was inspired.  Big black knobs, black and red fabric I have no plans for.  Voila!

I did learn from my previous encounter with metal frames that I needed some poof and some stabilizer.  I returned to my trusty teacher, Google, and was rewarded with this amazingly handy tutorial from Lisa from UHandbag. It's a very good tutorial, easy to follow and to alter to fit my needs.  I really only used steps one and two, but those are the best steps.